Bywater PSCM has significant experience in supporting organisations with the development and improvement of their commercial activities helping drive revenue, profitability and preferred partner status from their commercial projects.
Commercial Lifecycle (Project) Optimisation
We believe that long-term commercial project success in terms of revenue, profitability and repeat business is achieved through:
- Robust sales / bidding and procurement processes with effective monitoring and controlling for compliance
- Expert commercial contract development, drafting, interpretation and negotiation skills
- Creation and development of effective customer and supplier contractual relationships throughout all commercial lifecycle phases
- Adoption of appropriate project and internal resource management tools and techniques
- Professional management of contract performance by all parties
At Bywater PSCM we have a range of services available to support you in enhancing your commercial operations:
Training and Delivery Support
Bywater PSCM support organisations to enhance the performance of staff involved directly in commercial activities including tendering/ bidding, cost estimating, risk assessments and management, project management, contract management (sell and buy side), ensuring legislative and corporate compliance, and those involved in customer, business partner and supplier relationships.
- We have established a strong reputation in developing tailored in-house courses, aimed at addressing and supporting our clients’ specific needs and challenges, as well as offering a range of high quality “standard” introductory, intermediate and advanced level courses.
- We also have significant experience in designing and delivering post-course facilitation and support interventions aimed at embedding Commercial Course learning into working practices. These include action learning sets, project improvement teams and one to one coaching and mentoring.
- To see our range of available commercial training courses see our Commercial Training section
For further information see our Training and Delivery Support section.
Policy and Process Improvement
Bywater PSCM support organisations in the development and implementation of a structured, well governed approach to the commercial life cycle, ensuring that the commercial function delivers enhanced value which in turn supports the achievement of the organisation’s objectives.
- Our process benchmarks and maturity models can be used to assess your commercial process capability and provide an excellent basis for planning improvements.
- Baseline and post-implementation process capability assessments and health checks provide a powerful audit and assessment of progress.
- Guidelines, checklists and templates can all be provided from our best practice commercial toolkits.
For further information see our Policy and Process Improvement Services section.
Bywater PSCM support organisations in identifying the competencies and skills required to manage their commercial operations in the context of their unique organisational objectives and challenges.
- We have a library of commercial competencies and skills from which we can support you in the development of your own Competency and Skills Framework
- We can carry out Training and Resourcing Needs Analysis (TRNA) to identify any competency and skills gaps to help those responsible to develop suitable interventions, including training, coaching, mentoring or recruitment.
For further information see our Competency Assessment Services section.
“Our specialist consultants and trainers have the practical experience, technical knowledge and facilitation skills to make Commercial change really happen.”