As reliance on external supply arrangements increases, contract management capability has become critical to the delivery of organisational objectives in both the public and private sectors. At Bywater PSCM we understand the drivers of successful contract management, requiring a coordinated and structured supplier engagement and management process led by staff with sound commercial and interpersonal skill sets, to effectively manage all aspects of contract performance.
This 1 day workshop is designed to build awareness of the contract management process and factors critical to the successful management of external supply contracts.
On completion of this workshop delegates will:
- Understand the importance and principles of contract management
- Be aware of the role of the contract manager
- Understand the contract management lifecycle and its phases and related activities
- Understand the importance of effective contract relationship management
- Be aware of the basic tools and techniques used in contract performance management
- Be aware of what good contract management looks like
- The importance of contract management
- Principles and concepts around contract management
- The role of the contract manager
- The contract management process
- Critical success factors for effective contract delivery
- Managing relationships in contracts
- Managing contract performance
Who should attend
- Personnel responsible for managing low criticality supplier contracts
- Managers responsible for supporting contract management staff (operations and procurement)
- Supplier personnel responsible for managing contract delivery with their customers
- Procurement and other contract stakeholder personnel requiring insight into contract management
This course can be readily customised to enable client specific contract management policy, guidance and challenges to be incorporated into workshop materials and delivery.
As an in-house course this training offers a great opportunity for organisations to develop, share and “standardise” good contract management practice.