As reliance on external supply arrangements increases, contract management capability has become critical to the delivery of organisational objectives in both the public and private sectors. At Bywater PSCM we understand the drivers of successful contract management, requiring a coordinated and structured supplier engagement and management process led by staff with sound commercial and interpersonal skill sets, to effectively manage all aspects of contract performance.
This 2 day course is designed to enhance the performance and confidence of staff involved in managing supply contracts, thereby optimising the delivery of value to their organisation.
On completion of this workshop delegates will be able to confidently:
- Understand their role and the role of others in managing supplier contracts
- Explain the contract management lifecycle and related activities
- Structure their approach to managing contracts with suppliers
- Manage and facilitate improved contract performance through sound procedures and motivation of supplier personnel
- Input to and utilise the written contract in their management of contracts
- Make a professional impact in their relationships with suppliers and other stakeholders
- Deliver tangible improvements and benefits from their supply contracts
- The role of the contract manager
- Understanding the contract lifecycle and what good practice looks like
- Structuring the contract management process to optimise contract performance
- Understanding the nature of the legal contract and the practical implications for contract managers
- The role of risk management in managing supplier contracts
- The application of performance management and continuous improvement principles in commercial contracts
- The “Contract Manager’s Practical Toolkit” to facilitate contract performance improvement
- The application of supply chain management and process improvement principles to deliver contract objectives
- Effective supplier and stakeholder relationship management
- Interpersonal skills used in managing supplier relationships effectively
Who should attend
- Personnel responsible for managing the performance of supplier contracts
- Managers responsible for supporting contract management staff (operations and procurement)
- Supplier personnel responsible for managing contract delivery with their customers
- Procurement personnel requiring a detailed insight to contract performance management
This course can be readily customised to enable client specific contract management policy, guidance and challenges to be incorporated into workshop materials and delivery.
As an in-house course this training offers a great opportunity for organisations to develop, share and “standardise” good contract management practice.