Category Management is a strategic and structured approach to the procurement of goods and services and ensures the procurement function deliverers enhanced value to the organisation. Contributing to the development and achievement of your organisational goals, category management delivers high performance from your supply market and an optimised supply chain.
This 2 day category management course is designed to enhance the development of organisational and individual capability in the application of best practice category management and strategic sourcing techniques.
On completion of this workshop delegates will:
- Understand the process and how to apply it to different categories of spend
- Be able to apply a range of tools and techniques used in the category management process
- Be more strategically aware when developing sourcing options and making supply market decisions
- Be aware of the governance structures which are used to support category management
- Be able to apply change management techniques as part of the category management process
- Have confidence to deal with a variety of category implementation and management challenges
- The objectives and benefits of category management
- The Bywater PSCM category management process model
- Category management’s and the contract lifecycle
- Category management process phase tools and techniques:
- Category and team mobilisation
- Understanding the business needs
- Gathering category information
- Category strategic analysis
- Develop the category strategy
- Plan and launch category strategy
- Managing contract / category performance
- Implementing category management
- Category management challenges and how to overcome them
Who should attend
- Procurement staff and management involved in category management and strategic sourcing
- Commercial and procurement teams seeking to implement a more strategic approach to sourcing
- Supplier personnel interested in understanding their customers’ sourcing behaviour
This course can be readily customised to enable client specific category management strategy, policy guidance and challenges to be incorporated into course materials and delivery.
As an in-house workshop this training offers a great opportunity for organisations to develop, share and “standardise” good category management practice.