Bywater PSCM has extensive experience in supporting organisations with their procurement activities and helping drive value from strategic and tactical sourcing and post contact award processes.
Maximising Value From Procurement
We believe that driving value from your procurement activities is about establishing robust processes and policies aligned to your organisational objectives and supply market environment, which are compliant with relevant regulations and governance, and executed by staff with the appropriate technical, commercial and interpersonal skills.
At Bywater PSCM we have a range of services available to support you in driving improved value from procurement:
Training and Delivery
We support organisations to enhance the performance of staff directly involved in managing and executing the procurement process, and help build practical awareness of procurement for staff in related support or ‘internal-client’ functions.
- We have established a strong reputation in developing tailored in-house procurement courses and programmes, aimed at addressing and supporting our clients’ specific needs and challenges, as well as offering a range of high quality “off-the-shelf” introductory, intermediate and advanced level courses.
- We also have significant experience in designing and delivering post-course facilitation and support interventions aimed at embedding Procurement course learning into working practices. These include action learning sets, project improvement teams and one to one coaching and mentoring.
- To see our range of available procurement training courses see our Procurement Training section.
For further information see our Training and Delivery Support section.
Policy and Process Improvement
We support organisations in the development and implementation of a structured approach to the procurement of goods and services, ensuring that the process delivers enhanced value and in turn supports the achievement of organisational objectives.
- Our procurement process benchmarking and maturity models may be used to assess your procurement process capability and provide an excellent basis for planning improvement.
- Baseline and post-implementation process capability assessments and health checks provide a powerful audit and assessment of progress.
- Guidelines, checklists and templates can all be customised from our best practice Procurement Toolkit.
For further information see our Policy and Process Improvement Services section.
We support organisations in identifying the competencies and skills required to manage their procurement activities in the context of their unique objectives and challenges.
- We have a library of Procurement competencies and skills from which we can support you in the development of your own Competency and Skills Framework
- We can carry out both Training and Resourcing Needs Analysis (TRNA) to identify your competency and skills gaps to help develop suitable interventions including training, coaching, mentoring and recruitment.
For further information see our Competency Assessment Services section.
“Our specialist consultants and trainers have the practical experience, technical knowledge and facilitation skills to make Procurement change really happen.”